The Whartons Primary School Parents Association
Registered Charity No.1043618
Meet the Parents Association
We currently have three elected (via the annual AGM) committee posts:
If you see us around school, come up and say hello!
We are fortunate at our school to have a Parents Association that’s an integral part of the school community. Over the last years we have raised thousands of pounds, which has been spent on equipment and resources to enhance our children’s educational experience and the school’s facilities.
All parents and members of the school community are encouraged to get involved, even if they only have a small amount of time available e.g. manning the sweet stall at a disco, helping to fold tombola tickets or promoting an event within your parent network. Thank you to all the many members of the school community who support us with our events and activities.
Each school year we hold events such as Dress down days, Discos, Trails, Secret Santa/Mother’s Day/Father’s Day Stalls, Bun Sales, Themed Raffles and ‘Whartonsfest’ summer festival.
We advertise any events and any other information through a half-termly newsletter and individual event posters emailed via the school system, via the Wharton’s Parents Noticeboard Facebook page (not managed by us), school text messages, our Twitter account and posters at the school.
You can get in touch with us through:
- In writing – drop off post at the school office marked for ‘Parents Association’
- e-mail WhartonsPA@outlook.com
- Twitter: @PAWhartons
- or just come along to one of our monthly meetings.
Easy ways to help us fundraise
Join our 100 Club - only £12 for annual subscription to the 100 club launching in December 2021 (£1 per month per no – max 2 numbers per household). You will be allocated a number at random from between 1-100. 40% of the subscription fees will be paid out as winnings with a draw each month:
1st Prize: 25%
2nd Prize: 10%
3rd Prize: 5%
Application forms can be found in the school entrance or can be downloaded via the QR code above.
We raise money via Amazon Smile so if you use Amazon for shopping please sign up to us as AmazonSmile will donate 0.5% of the net purchase price (excluding VAT, returns and shipping fees) of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases.
How to set up Amazon Smile:
- Go to http://smile.amazon.com
- Login to your existing Amazon account or register for an account if you don’t already have one.
- Under ‘pick your own charitable organisation’ search ‘Whartons Primary School Parents Association’ to support. Click ‘Select’ and you’re done! You should receive and email confirming your AmazonSmile registration.
- Remember to buy your purchases through http://smile.amazon.com not through the regular Amazon site. Create a bookmark or add to your favourites bar to create a shortcut. Only purchases through smile.amazon.com will count.
Alternatively, if you have the Amazon app downloaded:
- Go to settings
- Select ‘AmazonSmile’
- Click ‘Turn on AmazonSmile’ and select ‘Whartons Primary School Parents Association’